Incoming 6th - Information & Important Dates
Bookmark this page! It will be updated with important information for your incoming 6th grader to the 2024-2025 school year at TMS.
Due February 16 - World Language and Music - click here
- Students need to make two important choices in preparation for sixth grade. One is which world language to study at TMS. We offer Spanish, French, and Mandarin Chinese. The second choice is whether or not to be a performing musician. We offer band, chorus and orchestra. We will introduce these choices to the students on February 1 (Stillman and Mackay) and February 2 (Maugham and Smith) and we will discuss this with you at the Parent orientation on February 7. Click Here for music FAQs.
Wednesday, February 7 - TMS 5th Grade Parent Orientation 7:00pm, TMS Auditorium
Panel Discussion "Stepping into the Middle" - Logistics TBD
- This is for all incoming 6th grade parents. Whether you’ve been here before or you are “stepping into the middle” for the first time, we invite you to ask questions, exchange ideas, and expand your parent network.
- This is an evening event for parents only scheduled in May or June to take place in the McCandless room. Invitations will be sent as we finalize the logistics.
Students only! 6th Grade Meet and Greet - August date, TBD - 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Invitations confirming the date and reminders will be emailed to parents over the summer and information will be posted here. All incoming 6th graders will spend one morning touring the building and will have a chance to meet students from other elementary schools in addition to some 8th graders who can help them in September.
- If your child is unable to attend the Meet and Greet, that won’t be a problem- do not change your vacation plans! The Meet and Greet can be a fun event for our students, but it is by no means a necessary component for transition into Middle School. The first few weeks of school are designed to help our sixth graders adjust to their new school and settings.